If you are interested in the world of business and its many applications, this course allows you to further your achievements gained from either HND (Higher National Diploma) in Business, a Foundation Degree, SQA HND, or equivalent qualification. This Top-Up programme gives you the opportunity to continue studying business at degree level, achieving bachelors within one year of study.
- Top-Up your Level 5 qualification to an undergraduate business degree in 1 year
- Develop key skills that employers expect from top-calibre graduate recruits
- Continue your studies with our ‘MSc Business with’ Masters programmes when you pass with a 2:2 or above and specialise in either Business Analytics, Entrepreneurship, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Human Resource Management, International Management, Financial Management or Marketing Management
What will I study?
Throughout the course, you will study a variety of different topics, each designed to develop your understanding of business and build the key skills that today’s employers expect from top-calibre graduate recruits.
You can expect to study modules covering business ethics, supply chain management and strategic management and leadership to support your future aspirations.
How will I be taught and assessed?
Teaching on this programme is delivered through lectures, seminars and practicals, totalling between 12 hours per week. You will also be expected to engage in an independent study involving directed and self-directed learning, around 12 hours per week.
Assessments take place through coursework only.
You’ll be taught by experienced lecturers and academics who use their industry experience to demonstrate how the theories you will learn translate into real-life situations.
Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) is embedded throughout the course with tools such as the ‘Blackboard’ eLearning Portal and electronic reading lists that will guide your preparation for seminars and independent research.
Applicants should have the following:
- HND/Foundation Degree or BTEC/HND in a business-related subject with average merits/commendations in the final year, or study equivalent to 120 Level 4 and 120 Level 5 CATS points
- Students seeking to join the course as either direct or alternative applicants should seek approval of their HND or Foundation Degree prior . A list of modules is required as part of this approval process.
English language requirements
Students require IELTS 6.5 (or above) with no single element below 5.5 or equivalent.
If you have IELTS 5.5 – 6.0, you may be eligible to join our Pre-Sessional English before starting this programme.
All modules on this course are core unless otherwise stated, however it may vary according to our different partner universities
The course will be taught using a variety of teaching and learning strategies to encourage and develop your independent learning skills.
- Supporting Study in the UK (0 credits)
- Academic Language Skills (0 credits)
- Academic and Career Development (20 credits)
- Critical Organisational Analysis (20 credits)
- Strategic Supply Chain Management (20 credits)
- Contemporary Issues in Business (20 credits)
- Strategic Management and Corporate Responsibility (20 credits)
You will also choose one of the following:
- International Business and Innovation (Optional - 20 credits)
- Digital and Data-Driven Marketing (Optional - 20 credits)
Students on this course graduate with excellent skills and knowledge in all areas of business and management. You'll get an understanding of how businesses create success, how to manage business operations, how to make informed decisions, how to lead change in organisations and how to launch your own business.
Graduates of the business management and entrepreneurship course are well placed to create and run their own companies, as well as step into leadership and managerial roles in a wide range of industries around the world. These can include high-level roles in business analysis account management and financial analysis.