The MSc Computing and Technology programme is designed specifically to enable you to update, extend and deepen your knowledge in computing and IT and wider digital leadership and technology subjects, in order to enhance and accelerate your career opportunities. By completing the MSc in Computing and Technology you will be able to demonstrate capabilities in the areas of the Computing and Digital Technology subject discipline.
This Masters programme has been designed in consultation with partners from the industry to ensure you learn up-to-date computing knowledge required by employers across the industry. Graduates from the programme will be equipped to work in a variety of careers in the IT industry or to progress to academic or research-orientated careers.
- Enhance your knowledge in the application of programming language, big data and software life cycle modelling
- Learn how to develop an innovation strategy whilst assessing associated risks and innovation capabilities in an organisation
- Develop your business intelligence and leadership capabilities
- Also available as MSc Computing and Technology with Advanced Practice
- Information Governance and Cyber Security (20 credits)
- Leadership in a Digital Age (20 credits)
- Principles of Software Engineering (20 credits)
- Database and Analytics Principles (20 credits)
- Innovations in Business and Technology (20 credits)
- Research Methods for Professional Practice (20 credits)
- Academic Language Skills for Computer and Information Sciences (0 credits)
MSc Computing and Digital Technologies Project (60 credits)
This Masters programme has been designed to ensure that graduates from the programme will be equipped to work in a variety of careers in the IT industry or to progress to academic or research-orientated careers. Indeed, the qualification is designed to accelerate your skills and competence in a range of job roles, including roles in leadership and management in IT, Software Engineer, Database Developer, Data Analyst, Information Security professional, Business Analyst, to name but a few.
Upon successfully completing your course, you may undertake further professional development and training through Professional Pathways programmes. These are offered to our graduates for free, from our partner, QA. Find out more about Professional Pathways and your eligibility.