An MBA is an internationally respected business qualification. In one year you will develop a strategic understanding of all aspects of managing a successful business.
This MBA has a specific focus on cybersecurity where you will analyse and evaluate the principles of cybersecurity and understand the concepts of risk, threats, vulnerabilities and attack vectors in systems security, information security and operational security.
Core knowledge modules
- Financial Management and Control (15 Credits)
- Strategic Management in an International Context (15 Credits)
- Professional Management and Leadership Development (30 Credits)
- Value Creation in Organisations - Managing Operations and Marketing (30 Credits)
- Fundamentals of Cybersecurity (30 Credits)
- MBA Project (60 Credits)
Teaching methods include lectures, seminars, class discussions, case studies, group work, presentations and applied study.
Your progress will be assessed with the dissertation and assignments.
Compared to an undergraduate course, you will find that this Masters course requires a higher level of independent reading and research.
Please note the availability of optional modules may be subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances or student demand.
This course is designed to support career acceleration for suitably academically qualified applicants. All levels of practical work and work experience will be considered including applications from candidates who have yet to graduate. Applicants with limited or no work experience post-degree who can show that they will benefit from a programme of this type are also welcome to apply.
- We also require three passes at GCSE grade C or above, which must include Mathematics and English Language, or an equivalent qualification. For example, a minimum of Level 2 Key Skills in Communication and Application of Number. If you have studied for a new GCSE for which you will be awarded a numerical grade then you will need to achieve a grade 4 or above.
- You must also have a minimum level of English language skills. If English is not your first language, please see our English language requirements.
Accreditation of prior learning (APL)
- If you feel you already know some of the topics covered in this course, either due to previous learning or from work experience, you may not need to study all of the course.
- Accreditation of Prior Learning is the name given to the process of gaining credit towards a qualification because of something you have learnt in the past. If you are eligible for APL you won't have to learn the same topic again and can be exempt from a module, set of modules or year of a course.
Many employers recognise the value an MBA-qualified business leader can bring to their organisations. This challenging qualification requires significant dedication, placing you ahead of the curve for employment opportunities and career progression. With an MBA in Cybersecurity, you will be ideally placed for managerial roles in an indispensable part of any modern business.
While you’re studying with us, you will benefit from affiliate member status of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). Through the CMI, you will have access to world-class support resources and unique networking opportunities. Additionally, if you have three or more years’ management experience when you graduate, you will be entitled to apply for full CMI membership or Chartered status.