IBAT College Dublin’s aspirations and purpose are expressed in the following sections. They describe the values that guide everything we do to meet our learner and other stakeholders’ needs. Our values are what drive and shape the culture in IBAT College Dublin
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Business - Level 8 - (Full-Time)
This programme is differentiated from other general business degrees in that it is underpinned with the knowledge and skills required for data informed decision making. In the first year you will gain a fundamental understanding of data collection and presentation, as you progress you will learn how to be more critical in your analysis, you will learn how this analysis is applied to decision making and business intelligence and by the final year you will be confidently using modern tools and techniques to understand how good data is used for predictive purposes. In today’s workplace a fundamental understanding of ethics throughout business practices and an appreciation of corporate governance is expected at all levels in the company, this programme will provide you with this knowledge.
This programme is designed for: prospective students intending to pursue a career in business or management,
those intending to start their own business those wishing to pursue a general higher education programme and develop industry relevant skills, in a supportive academic environment.
Why Study at IBAT College Dublin?
• Our Philosophy – Industry focused outcomes, underpinned by solid academic foundations.
• Our people – One of our biggest strengths is our people. The Academic team at IBAT College Dublin present with significant lecturing experience and also have many years industry experience.
• Our diverse programme offerings, ranging from undergraduate, postgraduate and professional / executive training.
• State-of-the-art, purpose built, central campus locations.
In addition we can truly state we have an international student base with over 40 nationalities studying in IBAT College Dublin.
• Locally Relevant – IBAT College Dublin has links with over 400 private enterprises, public organisations and NGOs in Ireland, including small to medium sized indigenous businesses and also multinational corporations.
• Student experience – we guide, support and mentor our students throughout their college experience and into their working lives. Our students enjoy some of the most applied course content and teaching techniques in the country.
• Smaller class sizes – enables a more interactive and personal learning environment and allows for the practical as well as academic aspects of course material to be fully explored.
Programme Structure and Content
The programme takes three years to complete full time. Each academic year comprises 24 teaching weeks, 2 study weeks and 4 assessment weeks and is divided into two semesters. Students take 6 subjects (modules) per semester. Approximately 50% of the modules are examined by course work and 50% by a blend of course work and examination.
In the final year you select a business topic of your own choosing and undertake a project, this can be by research or alternatively by professional practice working on a real business problem with a company. The outcome of the project will be showcased at a presentation event attended by recruiters and employers.
Year 1: Introduction to Business, ICT in Business, Business Mathematics and Statistics, Effective Communications for Business, Learning and Development, Marketing Fundamentals, Microeconomics and Macroeconomics, Consumer Behaviour, Financial Accounting, Management Principles and Principles of Business Law.
Year 2: Digital and Social Media Marketing, Ethics and Regulatory Compliance, Human Resource Management Fundamentals, Information Systems Management, Management Accounting, Operations Management, Business Law, Applied Project Management, Business Intelligence, Economic Analysis and Sustainability, Consumer Behaviour and Marketing Communications and Sales Management.
Year 3: Data Analytics for Business, Financial Management, Innovation, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship, Personal and Professional Development, Research Methods, Strategic Human Resource Management, Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Information Security Management, Organisational Leadership, Strategic Management and a Business Project or a Professional Practice Project.
Tuition fee €4,500 (onshore/in Ireland) or €6,750 (offshore/overseas)
Protection for enrolled learners 3% of tuition fee (€135/€202.50)
Medical Insurance €130
All international students must pay their fees in full upon acceptance of a place on the programme and/or before course commencement on offered intake.