In addition to your university tuition fees, your living costs will vary depending on your lifestyle in London and your choice of accommodation.
How Much Money Do I Need?
UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) requires you to have a budget of at least £1,265 per month to study in London (in addition to your tuition fees). In order to apply for a Tier 4 visa, you will need to show that you have £1,265 for each month of your course, up to a maximum of nine months. This means that if you will be studying in London for a course lasting nine months or more, the maximum amount that you will need is £11,385.
Remember you will also need to pay for your university tuition fees.
The cost of student accommodation can vary greatly depending on the type of accommodation you choose and the location.
The government estimates that, in addition to your accommodation costs, you will need approximately £104 per week for living costs, but this will vary depending on how much you socialise.
Money-Saving Tips for Students in United Kingdom especially in London
- Enjoy thousands of free events, lectures and seminars held throughout the year.
- Sign-up for discounted student travel and save 30% on London travelcards. Find out more at Transport for London.
- There are thousands of student discounts available ranging from travel to books and cinema tickets to eating out. Find out more at Visit London.
- Research where to live. Rent costs vary widely depending on your location.
- The best things in life are free. Discover historical London, visit Royal Parks and enjoy free entrance to world-class galleries and museums.
United Kingdom is Great Value for Students
Don't forget, by studying in UK you are investing in your future and you will:
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification
- Gain valuable work experience
- Study in a city with links to global companies
- Live in the world's most culturally diverse city
- Create an international network of friends
- Improve your language skills, be it in English, Hindi or Arabic!