London Metropolitan University four-year Business Management (including foundation year) BA (Hons) degree has a built-in foundation year (Year 0) that provides you with an alternative route into higher education if you don't have traditional qualifications or can't meet the entry requirements for an undergraduate degree in business.
During your foundation year you will engage with business challenges in a stimulating environment, while boosting your confidence and acquiring crucial academic skills. This acts as excellent preparation for your subsequent three years of study, which will allow you to specialise in more specific and advanced areas of business.
At London Met, we’ll help you acquire key business skills and knowledge in the classroom but we’ll provide you with a wide range of opportunities outside of the classroom too. The University is home to Accelerator, which provides advice, support, networks, knowledge and resources that can help you turn a business idea into reality. Based in Shoreditch, Accelerator is a unique resource that has helped many students and graduates establish their own businesses.
You will share your foundation year with students on other business-related foundation year courses. This allows you to share ideas and insights with your classmates before going on to specialise in your subsequent years of study. Should you decide during your foundation year that you’d like to specialise in a different area of business, there is also some flexibility to allow you to do this.
Following your foundation year, you will study the same course content and get the same choice of modules as those who study our Business Management BA (Hons) course. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore decision-making, leadership, organisation design and management, with a range of optional modules to choose from.
You'll graduate with a full undergraduate degree with the same title and award as those who studied the traditional three-year course, but you’ll also gain a Level 5 Chartered Management Institute (CMI) diploma. As a member of the CMI you can access their facilities, attend events and access over 200,000 live management jobs and its mentoring scheme.
The modules listed below are for the academic year 2019/20 and represent the course modules at this time. Modules and module details (including, but not limited to, location and time) are subject to change over time.
Year 0 modules include:
- Development for Success in Business (core, 30 credits)
- Orientation for Success in Higher Education (core, 30 credits)
- The Context of Business (core, 30 credits)
- Using and Managing Data and Information (core, 30 credits)
Year 2 modules include:
- Business Research Methods (core, 30 credits)
- Leadership and Leading (core, 30 credits)
- Serving Customers in Global Markets (core, 30 credits)
- Creating a Winning Business 1 (alternative core, 15 credits)
- Learning through Work (alternative core, 15 credits)
- Managing Organisational Development, Performance and Reward (option, 15 credits)
- Organisation Design and Management (option, 15 credits)
- Professional Experience Year Placement (option, 30 credits)
- Resourcing, Retaining and Motivating Talent (option, 15 credits)
Year 1 modules include:
- Business Decision Making (core, 30 credits)
- Business and Enterprise (core, 30 credits)
- Fundamentals of Management (core, 30 credits)
- Personal and Academic Development (core, 15 credits)
- The Business Environment (core, 15 credits)
Year 3 modules include:
- Achieve Your Potential (core, 15 credits)
- Management Dissertation (core, 30 credits)
- Strategy: Choices and Change (core, 30 credits)
- The Practice of Management (core, 30 credits)
- Business Writing and Communication (option, 15 credits)
- Economics of Multinational Business (option, 15 credits)
- Financial Decision Making for Managers (option, 15 credits)
- Managing Corporate Reputation (option, 15 credits)
- Project Management (option, 15 credits)
- Quantitative Data Analysis (option, 15 credits)
After the course
- Graduates of our business degrees have gone on to develop careers in leading international corporations, management, government, consultancy and business research.
- Some have also gone on to set up their own businesses or have continued their academic study through a postgraduate degree.
Classes Timing : Day time (two days a week) or Evening (two evenings and Saturday)
Campus Address: QAHE : 10 Rosebery Ave, Holborn, London EC1R 4TF