Explore the vital aspects of cyber resilience in the face of emerging threats with our comprehensive program aligned with the UK Government Cyber Security Strategy 2022-2030. Addressing the pressing need for skilled professionals in the cyber domain, this initiative focuses on elevating your expertise in information governance, information assurance, cyber security risk management, and penetration testing. Learn and refine your skills in digital forensics to effectively counter cyber threats and contribute to a more secure digital landscape. Join us in bolstering your knowledge and capabilities to safeguard against evolving cyber-attacks.
- Discover the intricacies of digital forensics, including challenges, pertinent legal frameworks, and the investigation process.
- Delve into the methodologies employed by hackers and the systematic phases of hacking.
- Fulfill the educational prerequisites for professional membership with BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT.
What's in the Curriculum?
This program caters to individuals aiming to cultivate a comprehensive understanding of the computing field while honing specialized knowledge and skills in cyber security technology. It is especially appealing to those with prior cyber security work experience, seeking an academic qualification in a familiar subject area. Tailored to empower you, the program is crafted to foster a profound technical expertise that enables you to innovate in the practice, design, and security of computer systems, ensuring the uninterrupted flow of business operations.
To expedite your learning journey, the curriculum encompasses theories, methods, tools, and technologies pertaining to cyber security, threat intelligence, and vulnerability analysis. Additionally, you will delve into the intricate concepts, principles, technologies, and techniques of cyber defense and ethical hacking.
Candidates must attain a minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff points and secure a minimum grade of 4/C in GCSE Maths and English Language, or an equivalent qualification.
Language Proficiency Criteria:
For English language proficiency, a minimum overall IELTS score of 6.0 is required, with no individual element falling below 5.5. Alternatively, equivalent qualifications meeting these language standards will be considered.
Modules (The following may vary depending on the affiliated university.)
- Algorithms and Programming Fundamentals
- Foundations of Computing Technology
- Database Design and Implementation
- Data Communications & Networks
- Web Design and Development
- Software Engineering Principles
- Academic Language Skills for Computing and Technology
- Cloud Computing Technologies
- Cyber Security
- Systems and Processes in Business Context
- Academic Language Skills (0 credits)
- Developing Digital and Professional Competence
- Contemporary Issues in Computing and Digital Technologies
- Technology Strategy and Leadership for Sustainability
- Academic Language Skills for Northumbria London Campus
- UG Project (40 credits)
- Digital Forensics
- Ethical Hacking
- Cyber Security Governance and Assurance
Upon completion of this course, you'll be equipped to embark on a career in computer networking and/or cyber security, or within the broader IT industry.
Past graduates specializing in communications technology and mathematics have successfully secured roles as electronics engineers, evaluation analysts, and mathematics teachers in renowned organizations such as Concurrent Technologies and Legal and General.
Throughout the program, you'll attend regular student enterprise workshops, offering opportunities to network with potential employers. Additionally, you can opt for our work placement module to gain valuable hands-on experience.
Moreover, this course serves as an outstanding foundation for advanced studies or research endeavors.