This program could be a good fit for individuals who have completed a Foundation Degree or BTEC HND in a vocational discipline and are looking to further develop their business, management, and leadership skills while also earning a valuable degree qualification. The program is designed for individuals who are interested in entrepreneurship and have career-focused goals. Classes are small and taught by both academic and practitioner-based tutors, with the opportunity for one-on-one tutorials.
- Top-Up your Level 5 qualification to a highly practical undergraduate degree in 1 year
- Develop the skills required to set up and manage your own business or work within an SME across a range of sectors
- Continue your studies with our ‘MSc Business with’ Masters programmes when you pass with a 2:2 or above and specialise in either Business Analytics, Entrepreneurship, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Human Resource Management, International Management, Financial Management or Marketing Management
- Newcastle Business School is part of a select group of business schools worldwide, following accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) in business and accounting – the first in Europe to gain the double accreditation
What will I study?
- This highly practical degree assesses your performance through a range of tasks directly related to creating, working in and managing an SME.
- This centres on developing your skills and knowledge in the areas of management leadership, innovation, creativity, marketing, human resource management, finance, strategy and business planning.
- We also spend a significant amount of time developing personal competence as a learner, leaders and entrepreneurs.
All modules are core and 20 credits unless otherwise stated.
- Supporting Study in the UK (0 credits)
- Developing Research-Informed Learning and Practice
- Leadership for SMEs
- Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Marketing
- SME Project
- Finance in an SME context
- Designing and Implementing SME Business Strategy
- Academic Language Skills (0 credits)
- An HND /Foundation Degree or equivalent
- GCSE Maths and English language at grade 4 (previously grade C) or above
- Students seeking to join the course as either direct or alternative applicants should seek approval of their HND or Foundation Degree before applying to UCAS. A list of modules is required as part of this approval process.
- English language requirements
- IELTS 6.0 (or above) with no single element below 5.5 or equivalent
- If you have IELTS 5.5 – 6.0, you may be eligible to join our Pre-Sessional English before starting this programme.
Careers and further study
This programme is all about developing your ability to create and run your own successful business or work in an SME in a range of sectors. All the skills acquired on this programme are in high demand by employers looking for resourceful and creative managers, providing you with a broad range of options on completion.
If you pass with a minimum of a 2:2 and would like to continue your studies, you may be eligible to progress on to one of our postgraduate business degrees. These programmes include the opportunity for you to specialise in either
- Business Analytics
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Management
- Financial Management
- or Marketing Management as part of your Business Master.