There is a large number of Turkish students in the United Kingdom and only in London over 1,300 students from Turkey study undergraduate and postgraduate courses in London. The majority of Turkish students study at postgraduate level. Business, social studies and law courses are the most popular subjects for Turkish students followed by creative arts, design and engineering courses
Entry requirements at UK universities for students from Turkey
Course entry requirements can vary depending on the university and degree you choose. The information below is only a guide so be sure to check the entry requirements for your favourite courses.
Entry Requirements for Undergraduate Courses (First degree)
If you have graduated from the Turkish education system with the Devlet Lise Diplomasi (State High School Diploma), you may be required to successfully complete a one year International Foundation course before entering a University's undergraduate courses.
Students who have completed the Devlet Lise Diplomasi with an overall score of at least 3/5 will be considered for a foundation course.
Students who have taken A-levels, the International Baccalaureate or Advanced Placement exams will be considered for direct entry for undergraduate courses.
Entry Requirements for Postgraduate Courses (Second degree)
Holders of a Lisans Diplomasi from a recognised university will be considered for postgraduate study. GPA requirements differ and can range from 2.6 to 3.3 out of 4.
Remember, you can contact the international office at your chosen universities and they will tell you if your qualifications meet the requirements of your chosen course.
Turkish Students living in United Kingdom
- The 1,300 Turkish students living in London contribute to the large and vibrant international community in London. London is a popular education destination for students from Turkey as they are able to gain an excellent academic education which employers will respect. In addition, London provides the perfect opportunity to improve English language skills and to experience a wide variety of cultural offerings.
- As a Turkish student studying in London you can be sure to find lots of Turkish events, societies, news and friends.
- You will find Turkish student societies at most London universities. These meet regularly and provide the perfect opportunity to make friends and enjoy Turkish culture, food and events.
- The Anatolian Cultural Fete is an annual event taking place in London. This free festival attracts more than 50,000 visitors and includes popular cultural exhibits, foods, crafts, and performances highlighting the diverse history of Turkey.
- The London Turkish Film Festival is an annual two-week event showcasing the best of Turkey’s creative talent.
- Turkey in London provides information on Turkish hot spots and some good places to get Turkish food.